Have you received a document protected with digital rights on your mobile device and you can´t view it?
If you already have a SealPath account, the mobile platforms viewer, SealPath Document Viewer, allows you the access to protected documents from your iPhone, iPad, Android device or Mac OSX. (You can also open Office protected documents in a Windows Phone with version greater than 7.5 without installing any SealPath application in the device).
Just follow this steps:
1. To download and install SealPath Document Viewer for mobile platforms, access to the following links from your mobile device:
- iPhone, iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/sealpath-document-viewer/id848347061?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sealpath.viewer
- Mac OSX: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sealpathdocumentviewer/id896637281?mt=12
2. After installing SealPath Document Viewer, it will show you the login screen at starting, where you must to introduce your SealPath account information (email and password). If you don't have any SealPath account yet, you can get a free one here: http://sealpath.com/en/products/new-account
3. Open the protected document you received via email, dropbox or any other means . The mobile device will show you a screen to select the application that you want to use to view the document.
4. Select SealPath Document Viewer.
The application will check that you really have permissions to access it and it will complete a process for the visualization. Once the process is completed, the content of the document will be shown. The first time the document is opened, it is uploaded to an online renderer that displays and loads it into the mobile device (note: Documents that are uploaded to the SealPath Mobile Server are storaged for a finite time with strong encryption) . In subsequent openings the document will not be uploaded if it has been cached in the Mobile Server Viewer.
SealPath Document Viewer for Mac OSX is shown in the following screenshot:
When an Internet connection is available, documents with Office format (MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint) and documents with plain text format (TXT) and rich text format (RTF), are displayed with higher quality rendering. All the other documents (pdf, images y xps), and when there is no Internet connection available, are displayed in Offline Mode.
When the device is using the higher quality rendering to display de document, the user has the option of moving to Offline Mode if desired, for example in case of slow connection. To do this, the user can press the button at the upper right corner.
5. You can move through the different pages using the navigation arrows or jump to a specific page. If the document has multiple pages, the viewer will show the content when it is available to be shown.
6. From the login screen or from the main menu in the application, Documents List screen, the user can access to the settings of SealPath Document Viewer. The available setting options are:
Server: Name of the server where the services for mobile devices are available; this is the host of the URL where the Mobile Service is published. NOTE: In case of On-Premise deployment, the administrator in your company will provide you this URL.
Language: Language that is desired for the application interface. You can configure either English or Spanish. By default, if the device is using Spanish language, the interface is shown in Spanish. For any other language, English will be shown.
7. Deleting documents from cache: Documents opened by SealPath Document Viewer, remain cached for a limited time in the application, to be available for opening, in case no Internet connection is available. Those documents that are protected with no Offline access allowed, remain a maximum of 24 hours inside the application cache. If the protection policy allows Offline access for X days, the document will be available during that time, until the X-day limit. After that period of time, documents disappear from the application cache.
If desired, the user can delete documents from the aplication cache at any time by himself, before the application automatically do:
- iPhone, iPad: Long press on a document in the listing and select the option to "Delete" on the context menu.
- Android: Select the documents to be deleted from the cache and click on the delete option.
8. Close session: When you want to close the session (for example to log in with a different user account), simply look for the option "Logoff" which will be available at the following location, depending on the type of device:
- iPhone, iPad: Settings screen, option “Logoff”.
- Android: From the main menu of the application, inside the Documents List screen, option “Logoff”. Depending on the Android version used by the device, the menu of the application will be available in the app bar or pressing the menu button.